What is your return and refund policy?
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order for whatever reason, we’re here to help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 14 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for an exchange or refund to the original payment method.
Please note the following exceptions to our return and exchange policy:
- We can not accept returns on open packages but we do offer exchanges
To initiate a return or exchange, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How long it takes to receive your refund, replacement product, or store credit? Generally within 48 hours.
- Any shipping fees the customer will need to pay? Shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
- Any return restocking fees the customer will need to pay? There are no return restocking fees.
- How you handle lost or damaged returns? Please consult the carrier you shipped with.
For details about shipping, please refer to our Shipping Policy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
What is chai?
The word chai means tea in India. It’s the Indian preparation of tea using brewed black tea with milk, sugar and spices.
What is Masala Chai?
In India, the word “masala” is used to describe any mixture of spices. Masala Chai is tea with spices, typically ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, fennel, star anise, lemongrass, and sometimes even turmeric.
What are the main ingredients in chai?
Every household has its own recipe for chai so there’s no one right way to make chai. But a typical masala chai has black tea, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, and sugar mixed with water and whole milk.
How are the chai varieties made by Island Guy With Chai different from other chai brands?
Chais made by Island Guy With Chai are made with the finest, natural and authentic spices and ingredients. We do not add artificial flavours or colours to our chai blends.
Our chai is made in small batches right here on Vancouver Island, Canada.
What chai varieties or chai blends do you sell?
We offer both steeping and ‘almost’ instant varieties of chai.
Our steeping chai blends are made with premium spices and high quality black tea. Each of steeping chai varieties are dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, and vegan. And they contain no artificial flavours or colours. Our steeping chai blends are available in Deep Steep Masala Chai, Steeped Fog Chai, Wicked Steep Chai and Rooibos Red Steeped Chai varieties.
Our almost instant chai latte blends deliver the authentic taste you love by just adding hot water, or a mix of hot water and milk if you prefer. These chia blends are made with real milk, tea & spices and free of artificial colours or preservatives. Our almost instant blends are available in Masala Chai, Vanilla Chai, Choco Chai, Durdy and Wicked Chai varieties.
I’m finding some sediment and fibrous pieces floating in my cup or sediment at the bottom of my cup, why?
Our spices are finely ground to allow their full flavours to be expressed. Our ‘almost’ instant chai varieties do not completely dissolve because they contain spices such as Green Cardamon, Black Cardamon, Ginger. These spices are very fibrous and when ground, will not completely dissolve. This means that the blends which we create can leave little pieces of spices which can float to the top of the cup. Waiting a couple of minutes will allow the spices to sink to the bottom.
Alternatively, some people may want to use a tea ball or even a tea strainer to reduce the spice sediment. Every part of the spice adds to the flavour profile of your Island Guy with Chai chai.
Do you have a caffeine free chai?
Yes we we do! Our Rooibos Red Steeped Chai is 100% caffeine free but still still retains our signature Steeped Masala Chai flavour
I am a vegan, can I make chai without milk?
Absolutely! Although the traditional method for making chai uses milk, our chai can be made using non-dairy alternatives to milk, such as soy milk or almond milk and still taste creamy and delicious.
Where can I buy Island Guy With Chai chai?
Currently, our chai blends can be found at Sea Thrift Artisan Boutique in Qualicum Beach, British Columbia.
Also, pickup can be arranged in the Nanaimo, British Columbia area.
How do I brew my chai to taste just as delicious as when you make it ?
Try the following :
For our Deep Steep Chais (Stovetop Boiling)
- In a pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil.
- Add 4 teaspoons of one of our steeping chais let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk (or alternative milk product).
- Add your preferred sweetener as per your taste.
- Strain and enjoy!
For our Almost Instant Chais
- Add 1 tablespoon of chai to your cup.
- Pour in hot water or a 50/50 blend of hot water and milk.
- Add your preferred sweetener, stir.
- Let sit for a minute then either sip as-is or strain.
Note: This is an all natural product therefore we do not add anti-caking agents so some spice sediment may be present in the bottom of your cup.
I love to bake! Can I use your Island Guy with Chai chais in my favourite recipes?
You certainly can! Blend it, mix it, or bake it – no matter how you prepare our chai, you’ll simply love it.
Spice up a cookie recipe, add some exotic flare to a boring boxed cake mix or even add some exotic flavour to chicken. Our Almost Instant chais are perfect to bake or cook with. Visit our Recipes page to see what you can do with one of chai varieties!
– Spice up a cookie recipe: Just add one or two tablespoons of your favourite Almost Instant Island Guy with Chai chai to your favourite oatmeal cookie recipe.
– Or, spice up a boring boxed cake mix: Add one or two tablespoons of your favourite Almost Instant Island Guy with Chai chai to a boxed cake mix. Try our Masala Chai with a Carrot Cake mix or our Choco Chai with a Red Velvet cake mix. Prepare and bake cake as per boxed mix instructions and enjoy!
– Add some exotic flavour to chicken: In a bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil with 2 tablespoons of Island Guy with Chai Almost Instant masala chai, add salt and pepper to taste. Rub the chai mixture on to 6 – 8 chicken breasts, bake until fully cooked and enjoy!
Can I buy Island Guy With Chai Mugs? I really love them!
Why yes you can! Just visit our Shop page and get your very own Island Guy With Chai mug. Perfect for either our instant or steeping chai blends.